|Please update your Bay Music Boosters profiles for the 2021-22 school year so that you are only receiving e-mails about the musical groups that you are interested in or that are specific to your family. If your student is in Marching Band you won’t want to miss the Marching Band emails. If your child is in Choir you won’t want to miss the Choir emails and so on and so on…..Please visit the following link to update your profile: https://us7.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=b5ba263e41b7931f65aed873e&id=ecc97ca5ee|
Please click here to view the Bay High School Band Calendar for 2021-2022.
Per Darren Allen, Bay High School band director: “Although this calendar is as accurate as can be expected (as of June 2021), there may be additions and corrections as we proceed through summer. Please refer to this list at all times when making vacation and work plans. If there are any questions, please do not hesitate to email Darren.email@example.com. I will get back to you more quickly through email. Your attendance at ALL performances and scheduled rehearsals is required! We count on YOU! With this much advance notice, work, birthdays, Indians tickets, babysitting, dinner conflicts, etc. will never be considered acceptable excuses for missing. POST THIS ON YOUR REFRIGERATOR NOW!”
* Sign up for email reminders at baymusicboosters.com
* PARENTS: Sign up for text reminders by texting @bhsmb29230 to 810-10
* STUDENTS: Sign up for text reminders by texting @bhsmbwolf to 810-10
It has been quite a year! I thank every student for their hard work. It was particularly hard making choices this year, as many students made improvements. Click here for the Symphonic Band roster. (I apologize for any typos.) If anyone would like to play French horn in the Symphonic Band (brass players make the best switch), please let me know. Also, some of our sax players will have to diversify from alto to tenor. If a student feels like they made progress over the summer, I will hear a re-audition towards the end of marching band season.
A big congratulations to all our new squad leaders and to our field commanders: Milan Oppewall and Sophia Buckingham! With these leaders, I know we will have a great season in the fall.
Finally, the engine of the marching band; the drumline. We have another large group this year, and I hope we will build on the success of the previous year. See below for the drumline roster.
BHS Drumline 2021
Jonathan Mack *
It is time to register for the Spring Break Disney Trip. The registration link is included below. All trip documents are linked on the Disney Band Trip page. We would like to have everyone who is interested in going to register by Wednesday, Nov. 3. If you have questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment and Registration
- You can register for the Disney Trip by following the instructions at https://bobrogerstravel.groupcollect.com/go/bay6510
- Remember if you pay by credit card, and we or you have to cancel for any reason, you will not be refunded the 3% charge for credit card payments.
- The other option is automatic bank withdrawal.
- As a school, we can cancel by Jan. 12 with a full refund, minus credit card charges.
- All students should sign up for a four-person (quad) room rate. Those who will have five in a room will be moved to that lower rate after we do room lists.
- We need chaperones!!! We cannot go on the trip without some help. You will get a front-row seat to these awesome young people at work. If you are interested in chaperoning, please email Mr. Allen before you register.
- We highly recommend everyone consider purchasing the CFAR (Cancel For Any Reason) insurance to help protect their investment. More details are available in the Insurance Information document posted on the Boosters website.
COVID Impacts Once the Trip Begins
- If a student tests positive for COVID during the trip, Bob Rogers will cover the expense for their separate room until we depart for home. All expenses, including room, after the group leaves to return to Ohio will be the responsibility of the family.
- If a student must remain quarantined at the point the group departs Florida to return to Bay Village, the cost of the room and travel home would not be covered.
- A family member would be required to travel to Florida within 48 hours of a student becoming COVID positive in order to care for the student. The family would be responsible for transportation for the student back to Ohio.
- If a student is sick the day we leave for the trip, the student cannot go.
It is possible that we may not have enough students register for the trip. We must hit a minimum number of participants or we won’t be able to maintain our current pricing. Because of this, it is possible we will have to cancel this trip. If you are making any plans to be down in Orlando with us, you should take that possibility into consideration. We always have a great traveling audience of Bay families with us, but we want you to be aware of the group travel circumstances as you make any plans.
Please know we are committed to offering this opportunity to our band students, as long as it is safe to do so. We will keep monitoring and working on this trip as we move forward.
Thank you for your patience and support.
November 3, 2021 – Registration deadline
November 17, 2021 – $385 initial deposit
December 15, 2022 – $385 payment
January 12, 2022 – $385 payment
February 23, 2022 – $409 or final balance due per person
The Bay Music Boosters has a new Facebook page, so you no longer have to request to join. Please like/follow us, and invite your friends and family to, as well, by going to https://www.facebook.com/Bay-Music-Boosters-101356275015453/