We need 3 volunteers to chaperone Symphonic Band State contest on Friday, April 28. Contest will be held at North Royalton High School, and Bay plays at 10 PM. We need chaperones to report to BHS at 7:30 PM. You should be back by about 11:45.
Those of you who are attending the Disney trip in November will want to be sure to set up your profile for the fundraiser which will be launched in May. Set up your account here:
We are looking for a few chaperones on Monday, May 15th for Orchestra. Please go to the following link to sign up. Thanks!
Hello BMB members! Believe it or not, it is time to get ready for next year. If you are looking for a way to get more involved with the Music Boosters, the following is a list of Committee Chair positions which need to be filled for next year. If you have any questions about these positions, or wish to volunteer to chair or co-chair one of these committees, please contact Susan Evans directly at email@example.com or 440-364-3526. Training/instruction will be provided for all positions! The open positions for 2017-2018 are:
- Choir Chaperones – Fairly small time commitment – you simply coordinate choir chaperones for concerts, contest, etc.
- Membership Drive – Ideally two or three people will work together on this. We have one or two volunteers already, but we would like to get two more people. This requires a good bit of time in August but no ongoing commitment after the drive is over.
- Choir Dresses – This would require an evening or two in the Fall and another evening or hour or two during the day at the end of the school year for pickup.
- Orchestra/Symphonic Band Dresses – This is a fairly small time commitment – with one or two evenings in the early Fall and another evening or hour or two during the day at the end of the school year for pickup.
- Tuxedos – Ideally we would like to have two people for this as well. This will require an evening or two in the Fall as well as an evening or an hour or two at the end of the year for pickup, as well as arranging for and transporting to cleaning.
- Fall Showcase – This is a commitment of about an hour at the beginning of the school year to put together the marching band “showcase” in the main hall of the High School.
- Membership – This is an ongoing position which would simply ensure that all membership contributions received from all sources are properly recorded and documented.
Of course, there are lots of volunteer opportunities throughout the year, and especially during marching band season, so there is always an opportunity to get involved!
Finally, we will be voting at our meeting on May 10 for the Executive Board for the 2017-2018 school year. All positions have nominees, but feel free to nominate yourself or someone else if you would like to be considered for a position. The nominees are:
President Susan Evans
Vice President Julie Harms
Treasurer David Johnson
Corresponding Secretary Kristen Dodd
Recording Secretary Tracy Deibel
Thanks to all of our wonderful volunteers. You make the award-winning Bay music program possible!
From Mr. Allen:
Our State Contest time is in! SYMPHONIC BAND (not concert band) plays at North Royalton High School at 10:00pm on Friday night, April 28th (and you thought the district contest time was late)! We will have attendance at 7:45pm and leave at 8:00pm. Guesstimate for getting back to Bay is 11:45pm. We have been working hard since districts and have only eight rehearsals left. Go Rockets!
The annual Ballroom Blitz is our second largest fundraiser, and we need a lot of volunteers to make it successful. Whether you can spare a little time or a bit more, we have a job for you.*
The Blitz will be held on Saturday, April 29, 2017 at Bay High School. Please note the location change from past years.
Sign up link is here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0f49aca72babfe3-blitz
*Note to Seventh and Eighth grade Jazz Band parents – this is an excellent way to begin to get involved with Bay Music Boosters. The Bay Middle School Jazz Band performs at the Blitz in addition to the high school performers.
Our trip to Disney is approved for November 2017. We still have room for students and chaperones, so if you did not get around to signing up please do so ASAP. The directions to sign up can be found in a post below. The first payment is due on March 1st. If you sign up after that date, you will get charged the first payment immediately.
Rockettes will be able to sign up after their tryouts. They will be expected to pay all the back dated payment deadlines at that point.
If you have any questions, please let me know.
In case you missed the Marching Band/Rockettes Disney trip information meeting last Tuesday, here are the documents that were passed out. One addition to the information is the preliminary itinerary. If you have any questions please contact Mr. Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would also like to know If you are interested in being a chaperone.